Share My Story Club is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles.
Share My Story Club is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance or otherwise, have been summarized in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
Information we collect
- When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
- Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to email address, and any messages, images, or other content you send us.
- Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as email address, device ID, and your activities within the Services.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymized tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics or freshdesk analytics on our website that employs cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
- Advertising platforms, which include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service.
- If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties outside of Share My Story Club, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
Handling of your personal data:
- The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
- Disclosure of your information
- Share My Story Club is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you.
- If you believe you have not disclosed personal information to us please contact us at email@example.com.For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, Share My Story Club will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records, if any on our servers.
Links to other web sites:
- We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. However, any instances brought to our notice will be rectified immediately and will be deleted from all known records (however, such remedial measures can only be applied to resources or services controlled by us. For services operated by third party/ parties; please refer to the clause links to other websites, under the same amendment.)
- Share My Story Club takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process. We have robust information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures, including:
- SSL, password policy, encryptions, all IP’s detected attempting unauthorized access are barred permanently from accessing the site within 24 hours etc.
- The only mode of payments and donation available on the site is via or through PayPal thence; none of your vital information is maintained on our servers thus, all payment related transactions are processed using PayPal through secure encrypted connection.
Your data rights and choices:
- We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location.
Breach of protocol
- If we become aware of a data leak, we shall as per regulations inform the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours, along with any members possibly affected by the leak. We shall then take any appropriate measures to secure the leak to the best of our capabilities.
Indemnification and Amendment
- We may also disclose personal information if it is necessary or required to protect interests of Share My Story Club or the interests of other customers.
Amended By: Admin
Last Amended: 06/ 05/ 2020